Vapor Abrasive Blasting Contractor
Vapor abrasive blasting is the process of using pressurized water to powerfully blast abrasive media against a surface to remove old paint, corrosion, decay, dirt, grease, and/or biological and atmospheric contamination. By incorporating water into the blasting process, dust is suppressed by at least 92%, which achieves excellent results with minimal mess and clean up, better personnel and workspace protection, and far less environmental impact. Vapor abrasive blasting is sometimes referred to as low dust blasting, dustless blasting*, dust free blasting*, wet abrasive blasting, slurry blasting, or wet sandblasting.
Vapor blasting quickly achieves a clean, restored surface that is in optimum condition for new paint. While it can be used as a substitute for sandblasting or other dry abrasive blasting in most situations, vapor blasting is particularly well suited for:
- Indoor/crowded settings and worksites – vapor blasting minimizes dust, thereby minimizing mess as well as inhalation and visibility concerns
- Outdoor urban or high-density areas – vapor blasting does not require the extensive containment measures necessary when dry blasting to keep dust within legal safety limits
- Industrial and other settings where flammable gasses may be present – vapor blasting minimizes the explosive potential of dust as compared to dry abrasive blasting
- Delicate surfaces – a lower PSI may be used when vapor blasting to protect surfaces like soft metals and wood
*There is no such thing as 100% dust-free blasting!
Be cautious of those dust-free claims… While today’s advanced vapor blasting equipment and techniques offer great advantages by vastly suppressing dust—by as much as 92%!— 100% dust-free blasting is a myth. Even so, the dust suppression achieved by using vapor blasting is still extremely advantageous and can minimize prep and clean up, reduce health and safety hazards, and protect the environment and your space exponentially over traditional dry blasting methods such as sandblasting or soda blasting.
McCahill Painting – Chicagoland’s established and trusted vapor blasting resource
McCahill Painting has successfully completed hundreds of vapor blasting projects with outstanding results. Our technicians receive ongoing training in the latest vapor blasting techniques, and we invest in state-of-the-art vapor blasting equipment to ensure the best results for our clients and least impact on the environment. Our skilled technicians have extensive experience blasting metal, structural steel, concrete, masonry, and wood in a variety of industrial and commercial environments.
As a McCahill Painting client, you’ll find we’re a true partner you can rely on to complete your vapor blasting projects safely, on time and on budget, with minimal disruption and excellent, long-lasting results.
Industrial Vapor Blasting of Metal
McCahill Painting has a track record of success providing vapor abrasive blasting and renovation services to industrial, commercial, and institutional clients in industries including:
- Industrial plants
- Power plants
- Chemical plants
- Oil refineries
- Pulp and paper plants
- Electric companies
- Water treatment facilities
- Silos/Storage tanks
- Food processing facilities
- Factories and manufacturing plants
- Places of worship including churches and temples
- Schools including K-12 schools, high schools, colleges, universities
- Heathcare facilities including hospitals, clinics, and inpatient centers
- Office buildings
- Shopping centers